Black Sea German Research

On-line forum for Germans from Russia Researchers

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

We want to welcome you to our forums but also keep spammers from spoiling your experience.
To be able to add new Topics or Reply to existing Topics we ask you to please send us an email using the link at the top of this page introducing yourself, telling us the username you wish and describing your village and surname research. When we receive your email we will register you as quickly as we can so you will be able to post messages on our forums. Please remember, we're all volunteers so it could take a couple days to complete your registration. Thanks for your patience!
Your First Post will be Moderated: This means that the first time you add a new topic or reply to an existing topic your post will not appear immediately. One of our administrators will have to approve your post before it will be viewable by everyone. After that your posts will be viewable immediately.
Advertising is Limited: If you know of a German Russian relevant publication available for purchase you may post information about that product on our forums but forum moderators will move or delete posts if they become repetitive.

Post subject: Kuntz Family
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:27 am 

Looking for info on Georg Kuntz Family from Hagenbach to Kandel in 1808.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Kuntz Family
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

I have Kunz/Kuntz family from Kreis Birkenfeld, GER who emigrated to Bedryowice, Galizien, Austria and then on to Nesselrode / Hoffnungstal, South Russia. Could this member of my family look familiar?

Maria Elisabetha KUNZ (1740 - 1796) b: 14 Jan 1740 in Eborn, Kreis Birkenfeld, DEU,
m: 30 Oct 1759 in Birkenfeld, Kreis Birkenfeld, DEU,
d: 14 Nov 1796 in Dienstweiler, Kreis Birkenfeld, DEU

There are a substantial number of Kuntz family that emigrated from Germany to Austria (447 hits of Kuntz family mentioned in the GGD Galizien OrtFamilienBuch) and some of them went on to South Russia as my family did.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:35 pm 

Two sons of Georg, Valentin and Peter, are listed with wives and families in the 1852 Catholic Parish Family Lists for the Kutschurgan colonies. Valentin is found in Elsass Household # 76. And Peter is shown in Kandel HH # 107. Other sources to check for information: 1821 Voters List. 1828 Debtors List. 1880 Military Draft List. 1882 Kandel Census. A lot of information is available for the Kutschurgan colonies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:32 am 

Thanks for feedback!. I am specifically looking for info on Franc Michael son of Georg Kuntz.
Born abt 1802 in Hagenbach. I lose him after the immigration to Kandel in 1808.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:11 pm 

Contact Dennis Roth. Dennis Roth (DEROTH100@MSN.COM) he is the expert on the Kandel families. I cannot find a Franz Michael or a Franz or a Michael who would fit the 1808 timeframe. Good Luck. Merv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:02 pm 

Just came across death record for a Franz Kuntz who died in Kandel 10 May 1866, age 63 yrs. survived by wife Katharina and children: Stefan, Anton,m Valentin, Alois, Michael and Gertrude.

This family is listed in the 1852 Kandel Parish lists -- Household # 104. I think this might be your guy! Merv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:17 am 

Thanks Merv. I had found him in the 1852 listing also but the same HH has a Bernhard and Maria and family and Franz Michael did not have a brother/sister by that name or age. Also birth date is of by 4 years. I'm OK with the birth date but wonder if Bernhard is incorrect. Bernhard is listed as 3 years younger than Franz so possibly a brother but might they be a diff. Kuntz family? The Franz Michael of our family did have a younger brother Peter who I believe is listed in HH 107. The other brother - Valentin was in Elsass by 1852. These are all sons of Georg Kunz who arrived Kandel 1808 from Hagenbach.
Thanks again? - Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 am 

Family history, what fun! Ask Dennis Roth if he has any early Kuntz marriage (Catholic Church) records from Kandel. Bernard's marriage might show up. Also, I have seen over the years, the name Bernard sometimes being mixed up with Leonard in Church records. And why are you so sure that "your" Franz did not have a brother named Bernard. If Bernard's age on the the 1852 list is correct, he may have been born in Kandel AFTER Georg Kuntz arrived in South Russia. A birth/baptism record from 1809 would not exist if this is actually what happened.
Anyway, . . . best of luck with your research. Dennis would be a good resource to contact, if you have not already done so. Merv