Black Sea German Research

On-line forum for Germans from Russia Researchers

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

We want to welcome you to our forums but also keep spammers from spoiling your experience.
To be able to add new Topics or Reply to existing Topics we ask you to please send us an email using the link at the top of this page introducing yourself, telling us the username you wish and describing your village and surname research. When we receive your email we will register you as quickly as we can so you will be able to post messages on our forums. Please remember, we're all volunteers so it could take a couple days to complete your registration. Thanks for your patience!
Your First Post will be Moderated: This means that the first time you add a new topic or reply to an existing topic your post will not appear immediately. One of our administrators will have to approve your post before it will be viewable by everyone. After that your posts will be viewable immediately.
Advertising is Limited: If you know of a German Russian relevant publication available for purchase you may post information about that product on our forums but forum moderators will move or delete posts if they become repetitive.

Post subject: Theresa Heintz, for clarity?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:34 am 

I am interested in knowing if Mike Heintz b, abt 1894 marr; Theresa Hummel? Believed immigrated in 1892 an settled in Sioux, Co, ND.

I also have a Theresa Heintz b, 19 Aug, 1892 who marr Adam Grier. Could this be the same person?

Thank you for any guidance to clear up this confusion.

JR Heintz

Post subject: Re: Theresa Heintz, for clarity?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Hi JR, I am moving your post over to the Surnames Query forum to see if it will have greater visibility there. The How Do I? forum is focused on questions about the forums and their operation although all posts are visible to Google so your question was visible to anyone searching on the internet.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:53 am 

Thank you Murry for this thought!

I haven't heard from any forum member aout my 2011 posting, Hopefully this will help.

J.R. Heintz

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 pm 

I have a Michael Heinz born 11 Nov 1893 in russia to August and Regina (Bitz) Heinz
Michael married Theresia Hummel born 28 Dec 1894 in Kandel, Russia to Michael and Regina (Kambeitz) Hummel
They were married in Hague, ND
Theresia died 31 may 1965

Theresia Heintz born 19 aug 1892 Odessa area, Russia no parents listed
married Adam Geier born 20 oct 1886 in Odessa area, russia no parents for him but he did have a brother John
They were married 23 sep 1912 in Bowdle, SD
Theresia died 22 jun 1972

I would guess they are seperate people by the difference in birth and death dates dates.

Info came from

Katie (Glatt) Wald, Hague Area Book II The Past 100 Years and its People.
and
Roscoe SD, Centennial Book, 1883-1983 .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:54 am 

Hello JR,
I am new to the on-line forum and I have a Theresa Heintz, born Aug 1892, in Village Kandel, Kutschurgan District, Odessa, Russia. Her father is Anselm Heintz Sr., born 1869 in Kandel, Russia and died 1937 in S. Dakota. Her mother is Christina Senger, born 1870 in Kandel, Russia. Anselm and Christina immigrated to U.S. in 1911 and settled in Bowdle, South Dakota. They brought their seven children with them and Theresa (1892-1972)was the oldest and married Adam Geier and had 9 children and lived the rest of their lives in S. Dakota. Anselm and Christina's other children are Anselm Jr. (1896-1970), my grandfather, Anton (1899-1977), Katherine (1901-1983), Frank (1904-1975), Eugene (1906-1973), Andrew (1910-?) and Marie (1912-1987) who was born in S. Dakota. All of Anselm Sr. and Christina's children married and stayed in S. Dakota except for Anselm, Jr., Frank and Eugene who moved and settled in Washington State.

Anselm's older brother Joseph Heintz married Christina Senger's sister Margaret in Russia and came to the U.S. years earlier in 1893. They had a sister Katherine who married a Frank Thomas in Russia and came to U.S. in 1898. They all settled in S. Dakota.

Best regards,
TL (Heintz) Haynes

As you can see, Theresa Heintz has a large family tree. I have no knowledge of the Mike Heintz or Theresa Hummel you listed in your earlier post. I am interested how Theresa is connected to your family.