Black Sea German Research

On-line forum for Germans from Russia Researchers

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

We want to welcome you to our forums but also keep spammers from spoiling your experience.
To be able to add new Topics or Reply to existing Topics we ask you to please send us an email using the link at the top of this page introducing yourself, telling us the username you wish and describing your village and surname research. When we receive your email we will register you as quickly as we can so you will be able to post messages on our forums. Please remember, we're all volunteers so it could take a couple days to complete your registration. Thanks for your patience!
Your First Post will be Moderated: This means that the first time you add a new topic or reply to an existing topic your post will not appear immediately. One of our administrators will have to approve your post before it will be viewable by everyone. After that your posts will be viewable immediately.
Advertising is Limited: If you know of a German Russian relevant publication available for purchase you may post information about that product on our forums but forum moderators will move or delete posts if they become repetitive.

Post subject: Feist from Strasburg, Russia
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:57 am 

First off I am a decendant of Johannes feist married to Phillipine Seiler, my great grandfather is the 6 month old Johann listed in Household 38 1852 Strasburg, Russia census.

I need to correct some information regarding the Feist families which are listed in Karl Stummp's Emigration from Germany to Russia in Years, 1763-1862. In his book Stummp lists Johannes and Nicholas Feist as being from Kuppenheim

Years ago I was a member of the original K-list before it became a GRHS membership required list. At that time myself and a now deceased cousin had linked Johannes Feist married to Phillipina Seiler to the Faist's from Kuppenheim, Germany based upon the info in Stummp. Over the years that linking has become gospel on many websites.

The Faist's From Kuppenheim, Germany that immigrated to Kronental, Russia are NOT related to Feist's in Strasburg, Russia. I can prove this statement not through guess work or theory, which our original link was based on, but rather with original document's.

My proof for the above statements has been posted on this site please see http://www.blackseagr.org/pdfs/feist-strasburg.pdf

If you have Feist from Strasburg, Russia as your ancestors, please send me a PM and I will gladly show you what I have found. This is not an attempt to get your info, I most likely already have it in my family tree from my own research over the years.

Post subject: Re: Feist from Strasburg, Russia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:17 am 

Thought I would add an update as this is a work in process.

My relations in Bas-Rhin region run very deep before russia. In addition to my Feist's I have found my Lauinger, Walter, and Oger kin in area. In relation to Feist I have found kin of my 3rd Great Grandma Philippine Seiler, a interesting family to say the least. Just this last weekend I believe I stumbled on the family of Eva Griesbach my 4th Great Grandma, have found connections to some of Ed Merck's kin in Schoenenbourg, France if I have the right family.

The more I dig in Bas-rhin records the more interesting it gets.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 am 
Site Admin

Hello, Just curious if your Walter ancestors from Bas-Rhin are the same as those that went to the Beresan region in South Russia?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:13 am 

My walters have a number of Ger rus connections Bitz, Schwengler, Schneider, and Allenbrand.. Oldest Walter is my 7th Great Grandpa Philippi found in Niederroedern and wintzenbach area up to 1740's. Most of my kin went to Kutchurgan area of russia.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:09 am 
Site Admin

My Walters came from Wingen, Weissenburg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:20 am 

Give me a few names 1750-1800 france i can check vs mine and see if any connections exist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:11 am 
Site Admin

Johann Walter b 1796 in Wingen, m to Eva Vollmer.

Parents are Christian Walter b April 10, 1766 in Wingen m to Magdalena Schmidt b 1768.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:58 am 

No connection I can find with your Wingen Walter's and mine. I will keep an eye out though.