Black Sea German Research

On-line forum for Germans from Russia Researchers

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

We want to welcome you to our forums but also keep spammers from spoiling your experience.
To be able to add new Topics or Reply to existing Topics we ask you to please send us an email using the link at the top of this page introducing yourself, telling us the username you wish and describing your village and surname research. When we receive your email we will register you as quickly as we can so you will be able to post messages on our forums. Please remember, we're all volunteers so it could take a couple days to complete your registration. Thanks for your patience!
Your First Post will be Moderated: This means that the first time you add a new topic or reply to an existing topic your post will not appear immediately. One of our administrators will have to approve your post before it will be viewable by everyone. After that your posts will be viewable immediately.

Post subject: The EWZ Antraege (Applications) files
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:40 pm 

EDIT: And...I think all my questions have been answered. I found the info: EWZ Questions and Answers But one still left...what is the date?

What exactly is this / what does it stand for? Found out about this on the Odessa3 site, and I understand the concept of them from the description here but what exactly would it be?

As an example... film 2 is here: http://odessa3.org/collections/war/ewz/ ... zmisc2.txt

Last, First D/M Year Birth Place film Frame Remarks

Allerdings, Barbara 1872 Alt Annental A3342-EWZ50-D012 1744 geb. Schlittenhardt
    Allerdings, Friedrich 1872 Alt Annental A3342-EWZ50-D012 1744
    Herrlich, Emma 25 Aug 1826 Neu Danzig A3342-EWZ50-C074 1256

What would this actually tell me about the Allerdings? What happened to Emma Herrlich in 1826? I was of the understanding that this was information about people that were still in the Black Sea area into the mid 1900's...so does that mean she was 110 at the time or could she have already passed and it was just info from her descendants?

Is there anyway to tell what information is in the index from that recap? They mentioned this was WHY the EWZ was created:

We have found the following types of documents in these files: Personalblatt [family history] ; Einbuergerungsantrag [application for naturalization]; Abschrift der Einbuergerungsurkunde [naturalization certificate]; Hitlerjungend [often with photos]; Umsiedler form, including lists of property left behind; Volkstumsausweis Certificat [includes name, birth date/place, residence in Russia, stamp with date issued].

Post subject: Re: The EWZ Antraege (Applications) files
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

Well, there were lots of different documents collected in the EWZ (we have examples at http://www.blackseagr.org/ewz-examples.html) so I don't think there is a single definition of what that date means in reference to Emma Herrlich but one of our examples is a Personalblatt for a Rosa Aspeleiter (http://www.blackseagr.org/images/personalblatt-picture.jpg) and the date would have been her birth date in that case. I guess you will have to see the A3342-EWZ50-C074 microfilm page to see for sure what the date is in reference to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:55 am 

The date is usually the date of birth of the person but remember, these forms were filled out by numerous people such as spouses and often times they did not know the correct date of birth and would guess. That is why you will see so many different dates of birth for the same person.

Regards,
Gayla Aspenleiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:51 pm 

gdo_researcher wrote:
The date is usually the date of birth of the person but remember, these forms were filled out by numerous people such as spouses and often times they did not know the correct date of birth and would guess. That is why you will see so many different dates of birth for the same person.

Regards,
Gayla Aspenleiter

Good point for just my general knowledge while searching. The more sources the better :)
Thanks Gayla.