Black Sea German Research

On-line forum for Germans from Russia Researchers

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

We want to welcome you to our forums but also keep spammers from spoiling your experience.
To be able to add new Topics or Reply to existing Topics we ask you to please send us an email using the link at the top of this page introducing yourself, telling us the username you wish and describing your village and surname research. When we receive your email we will register you as quickly as we can so you will be able to post messages on our forums. Please remember, we're all volunteers so it could take a couple days to complete your registration. Thanks for your patience!
Your First Post will be Moderated: This means that the first time you add a new topic or reply to an existing topic your post will not appear immediately. One of our administrators will have to approve your post before it will be viewable by everyone. After that your posts will be viewable immediately.
Advertising is Limited: If you know of a German Russian relevant publication available for purchase you may post information about that product on our forums but forum moderators will move or delete posts if they become repetitive.

Post subject: Vakarsky Khutor, and Klein Neudorf Odessa, S.Russia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:12 am 

I am searching for information regarding Vakarsky Chutor. ie: when was it originated, list of residents. etc. It was located close to Hoffnungsal, Odessa, S.Russia.

Thank-you, Carol

Post subject: Re: Vakarsky Khutor, and Klein Neudorf Odessa, S.Russia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:11 am 
Site Admin

Hello Carol,

Take a look at our BlackSeaGR maps page at http://www.blackseagr.org/maps.html

Click on the map at the top of the page. This will take you to the "Germans from Russia Settlement Locations" map page where this wonderful group has created an amazing Google map based collection of the locations of as many German-Russian villages as they could find and document (over 4000 so far!). Now click on the magnifying glass to search.

You will find the "Wakarski-Chutor" (main name) aka "Vakars’ke, Odes'ka, Ukraine" (current name) aka "Vakarsky-Khutor" village with details about its location, sources, etc.

Klein Neudorf is also found on that same map.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:23 am 

Hello Murray, yes I was aware of the map. Just wondering if anyone had more detail as to the residents between 1900 and 1910. Also, do you know if there are any lists of when people moved within Russia. For instance, my Great-grandfather was born in Grossliebenthal, Odessa, S.Russia, moved to Wilhelmstal, Odessa (don't know when) they to Vakarsy Chutor (don't know when). Carol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

CDavick wrote:
Hello Murray, yes I was aware of the map. Just wondering if anyone had more detail as to the residents between 1900 and 1910. Also, do you know if there are any lists of when people moved within Russia. For instance, my Great-grandfather was born in Grossliebenthal, Odessa, S.Russia, moved to Wilhelmstal, Odessa (don't know when) they to Vakarsy Chutor (don't know when). Carol

Have you followed all of the resources in the blackseagr.org website? I did a search in our database on "Walker" and found 1,749 Walkers. Then I narrowed down the search using our advanced search option (http://blackseagr.org/blksea-db/searchform.php) by adding "wilh" to the Birth field and I got 134 records of Walkers in Wilhelmstal. I could have just as easily put the "wilh" in the death field to find Walkers who died in Wilhelmstal. Each record has a "Tree" link and at that link you will find the owner of that tree. Many of the trees are EWZ records which you may or may not already have but others are individual researchers who may know more about this village and the Walkers.
You can do the same thing with all of your other surnames.
Good luck!