Black Sea German Research

On-line forum for Germans from Russia Researchers

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

We want to welcome you to our forums but also keep spammers from spoiling your experience.
To be able to add new Topics or Reply to existing Topics we ask you to please send us an email using the link at the top of this page introducing yourself, telling us the username you wish and describing your village and surname research. When we receive your email we will register you as quickly as we can so you will be able to post messages on our forums. Please remember, we're all volunteers so it could take a couple days to complete your registration. Thanks for your patience!
Your First Post will be Moderated: This means that the first time you add a new topic or reply to an existing topic your post will not appear immediately. One of our administrators will have to approve your post before it will be viewable by everyone. After that your posts will be viewable immediately.
Advertising is Limited: If you know of a German Russian relevant publication available for purchase you may post information about that product on our forums but forum moderators will move or delete posts if they become repetitive.

Post subject: BIETZ family from Wittenberg/Alt-Posttal
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:05 am 

My brickwall is the BIETZ family from Wittenberg/Alt-Posttal Bessarabia. I have found no connection between this family and the BITZ family. The villages where these families settled and their religion suggests that they were different family lines, but I have not yet discounted a connection.

My earliest known ancestor is my 3x great grandfather, Friedrich Bietz, born 1808 in Maschweitz, Prussia.

He married Anna Maria BOHNET (b: 26 Sep 1815 in Wittenberg, Bessarabia, Russia) on 7 Feb 1833 in Bessarabia, Russia. He died 16 Jun 1855 in Alt-Posttal. Anna Maria came to the US with her children and
died in 1891. She is buried in Dennewitz Lutheran Cemetery, Section 7, Kaylor Township, Hutchinson County, South Dakota.

Their Children (all born in Alt-Posttal):

1. Friedrich Wilhelm BIETZ Sr. b: 16 Mar 1834 (my 2x great grandfather)
2. Christina BIETZ b: 18 Feb 1836
3. Katharina BIETZ b: 12 Jan 1838
4. Johann (John) BIETZ b: 19 Apr 1840
5. Jakob BIETZ b: 27 Aug 1842
6. Dorothea BIETZ b: 14 Nov 1844
7. Christian BIETZ b: 21 Jan 1847
8. Gottlieb BIETZ b: 21 May 1849
9. Children Katharina BIETZ b: 25 Jun 1851
10. Christian BIETZ b: 23 Aug 1853
11. George BIETZ Sr. b: 11 Feb 1856

The children who survived childhood eventually emigrated and settled in Hutchinson County, South Dakota, McIntosh and Wells County, North Dakota, and Alberta, Canada.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has information or ideas about Friedrich's parents.

Post subject: Re: BIETZ family from Wittenberg/Alt-Posttal
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:08 pm 

CORRECTION: Friedrich Bietz (b. 1808) was born in **Maschewitz** Prussia.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:33 pm 

Which Bitz line are you comparing to? I have a line of the Bitz family, but they were in Freudental, and came from Hungary before that. I've never seen a Bietz/Poland connection.

Carolyn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:57 pm 

I have a lot of Bitz/Bietz members, but unfortunately none of the ones you have listed. Do you have a more complete list or GEDCOM you'd be willing to share? Maybe we could find the connection?