Black Sea German Research

On-line forum for Germans from Russia Researchers

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

We want to welcome you to our forums but also keep spammers from spoiling your experience.
To be able to add new Topics or Reply to existing Topics we ask you to please send us an email using the link at the top of this page introducing yourself, telling us the username you wish and describing your village and surname research. When we receive your email we will register you as quickly as we can so you will be able to post messages on our forums. Please remember, we're all volunteers so it could take a couple days to complete your registration. Thanks for your patience!
Your First Post will be Moderated: This means that the first time you add a new topic or reply to an existing topic your post will not appear immediately. One of our administrators will have to approve your post before it will be viewable by everyone. After that your posts will be viewable immediately.

Post subject: Villiage life of Glueckstal
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:57 pm 

Hello,
I was wondering what life in Glueckstal Village was like? Any stories or insight to this please
Thank you
Donna

Post subject: Re: Villiage life of Glueckstal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Donna,

Have you seen the book, "Catherine to Kruschev" by A. Giesinger. In that book there is a significant amount of information about Glueckstal. I don't know if the book is still available to purchase, but I think AHSGR has it for sale in digital format. You may also find the book on Amazon.

Also, there is a "GLÜCKSTAL COLONIES RESEARCH ASSOCIATION" located at https://www.glueckstal.net/. They may have some good information here for you. I hear they published a book some time ago about life in the Glueckstal colonies.

Good luck with your research.

Thanks, Rich Aspenleiter
BlackSeaGR Forums co-Administrator
BlackSeaGR Web Server co-Administrator
BlackSeaGR Team Member